SAFE ENVIRONMENT TRAINING PROGRAM
The Archdiocese of New York is committed to creating and maintaining a “safe environment” for our children. As such all adults, including volunteers working with children are required to attend training and submit to a background check before being able to work or volunteer in any capacity (i.e. PIP, Scouts, CYO etc) with the students of Saint Augustine School.
There are two options to complete this training:
- Classroom instruction - held several times a year, most often at the beginning of the school year in the Parish Center. Classes generally run 45 minutes to an hour. Please note, these sessions are not suitable for young children, so we ask that you make child care arrangements if necessary. Stay tuned to notices/emails from school for dates and times of training.
- Online - If you are interested in completing the on-line training:
- Download the Authorization and Disclosure for Background Check Form
- Complete the form and return it to me (Mrs. Murphy) in a sealed envelope marked "Confidential" and "Safer Spaces"
- Go to www.archny.org/pastoral/safe-environment-program/online-training and complete the online training. Don't forget, the course is not completed until you take the "test" at the conclusion of the video.
As soon as we receive confirmation from the Archdiocese that you have complete the background check and training (classroom or online), you will receive your Safe Environment Program ID Card. Until such time, you will not be able to volunteer in the school in any capacity. You must have the ID card you on all times that you are volunteering and be prepared to present it to a faculty member or even chairperson when asked.
As always, we appreciate all you do for the children of St. Augustine School.