Our educational mission is to transmit Christian values, ethics, and beliefs within a nurturing atmosphere of academic excellence and to provide the climate necessary for our students to make their own personal commitment to Christ.
Educating the child of the 21st Century presents a distinct challenge. We are firmly convinced that each child needs to realize his/her own self-worth in today's world. In our faith-based, value-centered environment, our goal is that each child will grow as an individual, recognizing his/her own dignity, and developing a religious understanding that fosters life long service. In this regard, we consider ourselves a community dedicated to Faith + Family + Future.
"Community is at the heart of Christian education, not simply as a concept to be taught, but as a reality to be lived." To Teach as Jesus Did.
Parents must recognize their role as the primary educators of their children. The social and spiritual growth that takes place in a child's life, will ultimately be a reflection of the Christian principles they witness each day at home. Our faculty's purpose is to model and reinforce those same values in the school situation.
St. Augustine School recognizes its responsibility to educate the total person through the implementation of the following objectives:
- To instruct students in the beliefs and practices of the Roman Catholic faith.
- To create an awareness of the needs of others both locally and globally. To instill in students the desire to address those needs as a community of faith committed to a gospel transformation of the world.
- To present a program of education in the secular subjects based upon a sequential continuum (Pre-K, K-8), that meets or exceeds the guidelines set forth by the State of New York.
- To instill in students a desire for learning and a sense of responsibility.
- To develop critical and logical thinking skills and problem solving strategies, while recognizing at all times the differences in individual learning styles and abilities.
- To provide an atmosphere which generates cooperation and mutual respect in interpersonal relationships involving both the home and the school.
- To ensure that all academic programs are current and responsive to student needs through yearly review and modification by the faculty and administration.